List:       grinder-development
Subject:    [Grinder-development] [ grinder-Feature Requests-2508492 ] add SNMP
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2009-01-15 0:15:35

Feature Requests item #2508492, was opened at 2009-01-15 00:15
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=368598&aid=2508492&group_id=18598

not just the latest update.
Category: Core engine
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I can understand that you want to treat the system under test as a black box, but \
it'd be nice if we could monitor some of its statistics at the time that we're \
getting slow response times.

Tools like Tsung and OpenSTA support SNMP monitoring of a target server, so that \
still lets you treat it as a black box with measurement points.  A lot of operating \
systems like Windows already supports an SNMP MIB: \
http://www.oidview.com/mibs/311/WINDOWS-NT-PERFORMANCE.html

I'd like to be able to do something like periodically read SNMP values (memory, cpu, \
etc.) or read SNMP VALUES if response time > some value during testing.

Please add support for SNMP monitoring...