List:       grinder-development
Subject:    [Grinder-development] Problem executing checkstyle task,
From:       Philip Aston <paston () bea ! com>
Date:       2007-02-22 23:31:32

[Switching to grinder-development]

Philip Aston wrote:
> Venelin Mitov wrote:
>> checkstyle:
>> [mkdir] Created dir: d:\grinder\workspace\grinder\build
>> [checkstyle] Running Checkstyle 4.2 on 313 files
>> [checkstyle]
>> d:\grinder\workspace\grinder\src\net\grinder\console\editor\Buffer.
>> java:76:54: Erwartete Tag @throws fⁿr 'EditorException'.
>> [checkstyle]
>> d:\grinder\workspace\grinder\src\net\grinder\console\editor\Buffer.
>> java:85:54: Erwartete Tag @throws fⁿr 'EditorException'.
>> [checkstyle]
>> d:\grinder\workspace\grinder\src\net\grinder\plugin\http\HTTPPlugin
>> Control.java:83:30: Erwartete Tag @throws fⁿr 'ParseException'.
>> [checkstyle]
>> d:\grinder\workspace\grinder\src\net\grinder\plugin\http\HTTPPlugin
>> Control.java:83:46: Erwartete Tag @throws fⁿr
>> 'ProtocolNotSuppException'.
>> [checkstyle]
>> d:\grinder\workspace\grinder\src\net\grinder\plugin\http\HTTPReques
>> t.java:110:63: Erwartete Tag @throws fⁿr 'URLException'.
>> [checkstyle]
>> d:\grinder\workspace\grinder\src\net\grinder\script\Statistics.java
>> :538:31: Erwartete Tag @throws fⁿr 'InvalidContextException'.
>
> FWIW, I'm using Checkstyle 4.2 too, and not seeing this.
Looked further, this is some sort of Checkstyle regression. I see this
problem when I use Checkstyle 4.3 from ANT, but not when I use
Checkclipse from Eclipse (which uses 4.2). Works fine if I roll back to
Checkstyle 3.4 from ANT (for which I need to uncomment the lines in
checkstyle.xml labelled "Work around for Checklipse 2.1.0 issues".

There's a CS bug:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1547726&group_id=29721&atid=397078

 From reading aroung, I think its something to do with how the
checkstyle ANT tasks sets up the context classloader (or not) that
Checkclipse doesn't suffer from.  I'm loath to introduce FQNs everywhere
just to clean these up. For now, I've checked in a
checkstyle-suppressions.xml that ignores the classes that fall four of
this defect.

svn up, and you can get on with hacking The Grinder. :-)

- Phil

by email and then delete it.