List:       grid-engine-users
Subject:    Re: [GE users] User job priority sorting with functional policy
From:       Stephan Grell - Sun Germany - SSG - Software Engineer <stephan.grell () sun ! com>
Date:       2005-05-30 8:04:52

Hello,

I know your problem and I understand your take on it. Unfortunately, you
cannot
configure priority bands this way. However, you can achieve your desired
behavior
with the following setting:

weight_user                       1.000000
weight_project                    0.000000
weight_department                 0.000000
weight_job                        0.010000

And by submitting jobs with the extra option:
"-js <PRIORITY>"

This should result in a priority setting, that busts the job only within
the jobs
of one user without affecting the other users.