List:       grid-engine-users
Subject:    Re: [GE users] SGE checkpointing
From:       "Rayson Ho" <raysonho () eseenet ! com>
Date:       2004-04-26 8:56:28

Did you look at the condor checkpint:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/project/gridengine/howto/condorckpt.html

If the berkeley ckpt is like condor's, then it should be very similar to
integrate it into SGE.

BTW, the env variable "RESTARTED" is set when the job is restarted after
the checkpoint.

Rayson

>Anyway, I managed to get the job to checkpoint and migrate. However, I'm
having problems with restarting the job. Have anyone tried integrating
Berkeley Checkpointing tool with SGE before?

>Also, how are the jobs invoked by the default starter script? "exec
$SGE_STARTER_SHELL_PATH $*" ??