List:       grid-engine-users
Subject:    How to increase the speed of scheduler to dispatch the jobs
From:       "Yogesh Chaudhary" <yogesh.chaudhary () amd ! com>
Date:       2003-03-31 15:17:36

Hi All,

I am running sge5.3 on a solaris 7 machine. I see most of the times
that, even though lot of machines are available and not many users are
in queue, the dispatcher is very slow in throwing the jobs on queue
machine. Can you please suggest me how do I solve this.

Also, the config for scheduler are as below...

> qconf -ssconf
algorithm                  default
schedule_interval          0:0:15
maxujobs                   100
queue_sort_method          load
user_sort                  true
job_load_adjustments       np_load_avg=0.50
load_adjustment_decay_time 0:7:30
load_formula               np_load_avg
schedd_job_info            true

thanks, Yogesh

Yogesh Chaudhary
Advanced Micro Devices,Inc ( PCS )
9500 Arboretum Blvd., Suite 400                       Phone:  512.602.5422
Austin, TX 78759                                       Fax: 512.602.5051