List:       grid-engine-users
Subject:    Re: [GE users] Link for searching email archive
From:       david boswell <david () collab ! net>
Date:       2003-01-24 15:36:58

> As you know the project site software of the Grid Engine open source
> project is "SourceCast" which is developed and maintained by Collab.Net
> (who also host our project site). So a comment or answer about this
> suggestion has to come from the Collab.Net community manager.

The search functionality in the version of SourceCast that is currently
being used only indexes static web site content.  The version of
SourceCast that the site is going to be upgraded to has a greatly improved
search feature that indexes content in all the tools as well.  This means
that search results will come from IssueZilla bugs, mailing list posts and
the other tools in addition to the plain HTML of the site.

As far as the timing of this next upgrade, we are working out the details
of the schedule right now and I hope to have some definite information
about this within the next few weeks.  As part of the upgrade process we
will make the staging server public so the community can help us test
things out and so everyone can take a look at the new features that will
be coming to the site.

David