List:       grid-engine-dev
Subject:    Qmaster mainloop waitpid()
From:       Andreas Haas <Andreas.Haas () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2004-10-04 12:05:50

I believe due to our changes from single- to multi-threaded qmaster
from 5.3 to 6.0 we lost qmaster mail-loop waitpid(2) call.

In 5.3 source tree we had code

      if (dead_children) {
         /* do a wait to our children so that OS can clean up */
         while (waitpid(-1, &status, WNOHANG) > 0)
                  ;
         dead_children = 0;
      }

in daemons/qmaster/qmaster.c. I presume lack of related code is
reason for bug

   #1277 Defunct processes

anyone got an idea which qmaster thread would be best suited
to do the waitpid(2)?

Regards,
Andreas