List:       grid-engine-dev
Subject:    Re: [GE dev] GDI Java is anybody thinking about it ?
From:       Daniel Templeton <Dan.Templeton () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2004-07-27 9:52:44

Someone is thinking about it. :)  There has been a few conversation
about how to better support Java in the future, and one of the options
was genericizing the communications (GDI and comm lib) enough that a
pure Java client could participate.  That's not going to happen any time
soon, though.
I've also been quietly wondering how much effort it would take to expand
  the JAPI (Job API - what the DRMAA C binding is built on top of) to
include all of the common GDI actions and then build a Java wrapper on
top of it.  That also isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Daniel