List:       grid-engine-dev
Subject:    Re: [GE dev] AIX 5.2
From:       Andy Schwierskott <andy.schwierskott () sun ! com>
Date:       2004-06-28 11:37:11

G=F6ran,

thanks for the feedback.

On which hardware did you test it? Is a 32 or 64 bot operating system
kernel?

Is the IBM loadsensor script

   $SGE_ROOT/util/resources/loadsensors/ibm-loadsensor

working or did you have to make any changes?

Anyone else on this list who tried SGE on AIX 5.2?

Andy

> Andy Schwierskott writes:
> > Things which should be tested are:
>
> I've done somewhat more systematic tests now.  It looks fine:
>
> >     - core system (qmaster, exec hosts)
>
> Exec host we have tried a lot, and it works fine.
>
> We hadn't tested master host, but I did now.  I had to link
> lib/aix51/libdb-4.2.so to lib/aix51/libdb.so to get
> utilbin/aix51/spoolinit to run.  But otherwise I haven't seen any
> problems.
>
> I don't find this library problem mentioned in the issue database.  I
> guess I should report it; it would apply equally to AIX 5.1 I assume.
> Or do I miss something?
>
> >     - are qacct values ok?
>
> Seems ok to me.  Not all optional values are defined.  io always seems
> to be zero for example.  But I guess this is to be expected for this
> platform?  (I don't have a 5.1 machine easily available to compare
> with.)
>

> >     - does job suspension/unsuspension really work?
>
> Yes.
>
> >     - qmon working?
>
> There is of course a lot to test in there, but it works as far as I
> can tell.
>
> >     - qrsh, qsh (as submit and as exec host) working?
>
> Yes.
>
> >     - qtcsh working
>
> Yes.
>
> >     - qmake working (as submit and as exec host)?
>
> Yes.
>
> > if there could be another site who can confirm that the binaries are wr=
oking
> > on AIX 5.2 the "util/arch" script can be changed.
>
> So we need somebody else to also do some testing to confirm.  Is there
> anybody who has an AIX 5.2 machine who could run a few tests?

Regards,
Mit freundlichen Gruessen,
Andy
Schwierskott

Andy Schwierskott           Tel:     +49 941 3075-200  (x60200)
N1 Grid Engine Engineering  Support: +49 941 3075-250  (x60250)
Sun Microsystems GmbH       Fax:     +49 941 3075-222  (x60222)
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7       mailto:andy.schwierskott@sun.com
D-93049 Regensburg          http://www.sun.com/gridware