List:       grid-engine-dev
Subject:    Re: [GE dev] SGE 5.3p6 CVS problems under NetBSDj
From:       Brooks Davis <brooks () aero ! org>
Date:       2004-06-10 20:48:57

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 10:27:23AM -0800, Rayson Ho wrote:
> >In 6.x there's an attempt to generalize this stuff.  It's bogus, but
> >it works.  The fact is we should be using ints in all cases because
> >int must be at least 32-bits on POSIX platforms and we don't
> >actually support IPL64 OSes (any one know of any in real use
> >today?) so ints must be exactly 32-bits on all supported platforms.
>
> I think Cray's "int" is 64-bit, and Windows for AMD64/IA64 has (default?)
> the ILP64 mode.

Actually Windows is P64 (aka LLP64), though ILP64 appears to be
available as a compiler flag.  Given Microsoft's overuse of longs in
places they weren't needed, this seem to be a sane choice.  This means
int is 32-bits except in the non-default ILP64 case.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/win64/win64/abstract_data_models.asp

-- Brooks