List:       grid-engine-dev
Subject:    Re: new with CVS
From:       Andy Schwierskott <andy.schwierskott () sun ! com>
Date:       2003-10-10 11:41:39

Pablo,

> if you check out the recent source code from CVS with tag V53p4_1_TAG you
> should be able to make a clean compile for IA64.
>
> newbie question:
> which is the command to download gridengine with tag V53p4_1_TAG via CVS?

See here for some general CVS info:

  http://gridengine.sunsource.net/project/gridengine/tooldocs.html

See here how to checkout the source code via CVS:

  http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ProjectSource

(you may need configure a ssh tunnel if you are behind a firewall)

And this is the actual command line:

  # cvs -d :pserver:guest@cvs.sunsource.net:/cvs checkout -r V53p4_1_TAG gridengine

or (to simplify the command line)

 # setenv CVSROOT :pserver:guest@cvs.sunsource.net:/cvs
 # cvs co -r V53p4_1_TAG gridengine

cvs is installed on Linux machines usually, so you have a cvs man page for
more information about using cvs.

There is one important detail: when you checkout a CVS tag, future checkouts
will not update you to the newest release, but when you checkout a branch
future updates will give you the "head" revision 8most recent version) of
that branch.

Currently the V53p4_1_TAG is more or less the "head" of our 5.3 branch. So
checking out the branch

  # cvs co -r V53_beta2_BRANCH gridengine

will allow you to get further updates of 5.3 with the "update" option of
CVS:

  # cd gridengine
  # cvs update -dP .

See our news at http://gridengine.sunsource.net/project/gridengine/news.html
for a detailed version, patch and CVS tag history.

Please send further development relatedquestions to our "dev" list.

Andy