List:       grid-engine-dev
Subject:    Re: FreeBSD port
From:       Ron Chen <ron_chen_123 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-04-04 2:04:45

Tony,

The Mac OS X port of SGE is done. It starts jobs
nicely,
and it runs as root. Instead of using the big "hack",
you can reuse the code in the Mac OS X port.

Mac OS X uses FreeBSD (and the mach u-kernel), so I
think
from the user-level, it looks much like FreeBSD.

You can get the diff from:
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ReadMsg?msgId=4052&listName=dev

We are looking for someone to take over the FreeBSD
port,
I am actually working on the port, but I don't think I
have time to maintain it. Are you interested to be the
maintainer, Tony?

With help from several people on this list, I can get
the system load, but still I need to get the %idle,
%user, and %system. (It is different from the
Darwin/MacOSX port).

Look forward to hear from you soon,
 -Ron