List:       grass-user
Subject:    Re: [GRASS-user] r.average issue with rasters at different resolutions
From:       matteo poletti <pollo1_91 () yahoo ! it>
Date:       2013-10-19 15:20:05

Hi Margherita,

Thank you for your reply!

> Da: Margherita Di Leo <diregola@gmail.com>
> Which kind of map is the base map?

Well, shouldn't be the base map just a raster map which assigns the same category to \
the cells that should be averaged together?

> If you compare the average you get from 2 base maps at different resolutions, you \
> probably will get two different values.

I'm sorry but I don't get the point. The base map I use is always at the same \
resolution (res=0.2), which is also the resolution of the region. My problem is that \
I have a cover map with with a different resolution (res=200) and if I use it as it \
is I get wrong result. The workaround I found is to change the resolution of the \
cover map before running r.average (r.mapcalc \
"rescaled_cover_map=original_cover_map") but it's ugly.

Maybe I'm missing something,
Thanks!

Matteo