List:       grass-user
Subject:    Re: [GRASS-user] Using from Python
From:       Markus Neteler <neteler () osgeo ! org>
Date:       2013-10-14 21:12:37

On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 1:11 AM, Pedro Camargo <veigacamargo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to use GRASS without opening it (from python directly)
> and I followed these instructions here:
> http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_and_Python
>

> I am able to import grass in python, but when I try to import
> grass.script, I get an error like the one in the picture.  I checked an d I
> DO have the missing file in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Quantum GIS
> Lisboa\apps\msys\bin , so I don't really know what the problem is

It searches for "libintl3.dll" according to your screenshot.

See
http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/WinGRASS_errors#Error_message_.22This_application_has_ \
failed_to_start_because_libintl3.dll_was_not_found.22._.28or_libiconv2.dll_and.2For_regex2.dll.29
 "Reinstalling of the "msys" package in the OSGeo4W installer will
bring it back. "

Hope this helps,
Markus