List:       grass-user
Subject:    [GRASS-user] Import a vtk file
From:       Casey Vandenberg <casey.vandenberg () sjgeophysics ! com>
Date:       2009-10-22 22:45:02

I was wondering if anybody knows of a way to import a .vtk file into
grass. For example, let's say I have a .vtk file that shows the trace of
a drillhole. This trace is a 3D line extending some distance beneath the
surface of the topography at a given dip and a given azimuth. It would
be useful to be able to show this trace on a map as well (but only from
a plan view).

Has anybody ever written a parser that would import a vtk file to grass?

Thanks,

Casey