List:       grass-stats
Subject:    Re: [GRASS-stats] wish: less verbose messages in rgrass7
From:       Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-09-10 14:04:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 5:35 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler@osgeo.org> wrote:

> > ncdata <- readRAST("elevation")
> WARNING: 'cellhd/elevation' was found in more mapsets (also found in
>          <PERMANENT>)
> WARNING: Using <elevation@user1>
> WARNING: 'cellhd/elevation' was found in more mapsets (also found in
>          <PERMANENT>)
> WARNING: Using <elevation@user1>
> WARNING: 'cellhd/elevation' was found in more mapsets (also found in
>          <PERMANENT>)
> WARNING: Using <elevation@user1>
>
> ==> these warning make probably sense in a GRASS session but IMHO here
> less. They could be suppressed with --q in the respective GRASS module call.

I don't a big difference between R and GRASS case here. The root of the
problem is that the message is split into two warnings which are reported
three times, so you get 6 messages when you should get just one. It could
be perhaps just a (important?) message, not really a warning. In any case,
it is a GRASS issue.