List:       grass-psc
Subject:    Re: [GRASS-PSC] [OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Budget 2023
From:       Moritz Lennert <mlennert () club ! worldonline ! be>
Date:       2023-01-21 10:54:40

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi !

Just a heads-up/ reminder to avoid any possible misunderstanding : the fact that we \
put in a budget request to OSGeo and that it is approved does not mean that we \
automatically get the money. The PSC has to make an explicit request to the board at \
the moment the money needs to be spent. In other words, what OSGeo grants us is a \
_pledge_ that money is available for us up to the maximum amount requested, if we \
have actual spending.

As a concrete example: if we want part of the student grants to be paid with money \
from the OSGeo budget, we have to ask Michael to pay it out directly to the students \
from the OSGeo account.

Moritz