List:       grass-psc
Subject:    Re: [GRASS-PSC] GRASS GIS Community Sprint Prague 2019 Expenses
From:       Martin Landa <landa.martin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2020-01-07 13:32:20

Hi Moritz,

čt 12. 12. 2019 v 10:51 odesílatel Martin Landa <landa.martin@gmail.com> napsal:
> > - In the report, you write: "We spent several hours over the course of
> > the sprint discussing different alternatives and finding a best way to
> > implement the one we have chosen." I see that everything has been
> > documented in detail on the relevant wiki page:
> > https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/wxGUIDevelopment/New_Startup#GRASSGISCommunitySprintPrague2019,
> > but would it be possible summarize the general philosophy on the mailing
> > list ? I think this is an important part of GRASS GIS and discussion
> > should be larger.
>
> Sure, on the other hand we cannot discuss it forever :-) We have
> prepared step-by-step roadmap, see [1]. No big revolution, just small
> but important steps. Feel free to comment!

to avoid confusion, we haven't decided anything critical, no paradigm
change. Our goal was to prepare step-by-step roadmap in order to
improve core GUI components: data-catalog and location wizard. An
improved data catalog widget could be re-used by startup screen.
Roadmap was designed with limited manpower in mind. The goal is to
improve startup screen in realistic time (let's say for 7.10 release).
Discussion about paradigm or other significant changes can go on in
parallel (GRASS 8 release).

I hope it's more clear now.

Best regards, Martin

--