List:       grass-dev
Subject:    Re: [GRASS-dev] [osgeo4w-dev] regex-devel
From:       Glynn Clements <glynn () gclements ! plus ! com>
Date:       2015-02-28 23:34:25

J=FCrgen E. Fischer wrote:

> > > Because it's a static library.
>  =

> > yes, so it's seems to me that there is missing corresponding "regex"
> > package, right?
> =

> No, it's built as a static library, hence there is no DLL and therefore t=
here's
> no need for a "regex" package, because there's nothing left it could cont=
ain.

It may be that Martin is using a different regex library (MinGW has
its own version, although it's not part of the base package).

I think this can also happen if the function is declared with
__declspec(dllimport) (which would suggest either using the wrong
version of <regex.h> or a need for a -D switch or #define).

AIUI, __declspec(dllimport) instructs the compiler to compile calls to
the function as an indirect function call, taking the address from the
__imp_* symbol in the program's import table. Import libraries provide
a normal function which just performs the indirect call.

-- =

Glynn Clements <glynn@gclements.plus.com>