List:       grass-dev
Subject:    Re: [GRASS-dev] g.version not returning revision number. Is this a bug?
From:       Michael Barton <Michael.Barton () asu ! edu>
Date:       2013-12-31 20:21:05

If it is related to the checkout process, it might be something I've done here.

I've had some odd issues with subversion after upgrading to Mavericks.

1 computer worked fine with svn updata
A second computer complained that my subversion was out of date and I needed to \
upgrade the code, which I did. Then the first computer complained that my code was \
too new and my version of subversion is too old.

It seems like I've ended up with 2 versions of subversion 1.6 and 1.7 now on all my \
computers. But one or the other gets called by default, probably depending on how my \
path statement is saved somewhere. I decided to go with 1.7 on all computers, since \
that seems to be the one that comes with Mavericks. But the intervening hassles may \
have messed up versioning. Probably it will be OK with my next update.

Michael
C. Michael Barton
Arizona State University

voice: 	480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
fax:          480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)