List:       graphviz-interest
Subject:    [graphviz-interest] Subgraph order and node position within
From:       Ryan Schmidt <graphviz-2009a () ryandesign ! com>
Date:       2009-02-05 4:10:50

With Graphviz 2.21.20090202.1215 I see these issues:

Issue 1:

digraph G {
	rankdir=LR
	subgraph one {
		rank=same {a->b}
	}
	subgraph two {
		rank=same {c->d}
	}
}

["graph1.png" (image/png)]

Subgraph one is on the bottom of the layout and subgraph two is on
the top. How can I get the subgraphs to appear top-to-bottom in the
order declared in the dot file? I want to retain "rankdir=LR" and the
"rank=same" method for other reasons not demonstrated here.

---------------------------------------

Issue 2:

digraph G {
	rankdir=LR
	subgraph cluster_one {
		rank=same {a->b}
	}
	subgraph cluster_two {
		rank=same {c->d}
	}
}

["graph2.png" (image/png)]

When I turn the subgraphs into clusters, they still appear in bottom-
to-top order as in Issue 1, but now also the nodes within each
subgraph have changed to bottom-to-top order. How can I retain the
top-to-bottom order when using a cluster (because I want the outline
around the subgraph)?