List:       graphviz-interest
Subject:    [graphviz-interest] interactive graph editor with AJAX (beta for
From:       Tels <nospam-abuse () bloodgate ! com>
Date:       2007-08-25 18:41:13

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Moin,

some of you might remember my demo at http://bloodgate.com/graph-demo - a
very crude graph editor.

Its major drawbacks are:

* you need to know the syntax rules to edit the graph
* no support in visual editing for colors or styles etc.
* no interactivity, no asyncrounus updates, and no cacheing of results

To improve this I started building a WYSIWJG, interactive editor with AJAX.
A very early beta version was just uploaded and I would like to get some
feedback, does it work in your browser? Is the interface intuitiv or not?

The current version should let you:

* select an example graph
* select a render/dump engine
* select the output format, depending on engine
* for a few output formats, allow raw code view
* turn the graph (partly working)
* open an About window, or two "edit" windows

(Although it doesn't look like much, it got most of the core technology
running :)

It was tested on Opera and FF (both under Linux), where it works. It breaks
in Konqueror (no idea why, esp. since Konqueror doesn't seem to have an
error console). IE or browsers under windows are completely untested.

Things not yet implemented:

* cache
* importing your own graph code
* editing the graph (add nodes, edges or groups, edit attributes)
  (this requires more work on the render backend on the server
   as well as the client-side GUI)
* saving the result
* anything that renders an image (dot, or Graph::Easy svg renderer)
* render-to-canvas
* zoom or drag of the graph view (or any other "window")

Anyway, please test it and give me some feedback:

	http://bloodgate.com/graph-easy

All the best,

Tels

--
 Signed on Sat Aug 25 20:30:56 2007 with key 0x93B84C15.
 Get one of my photo posters: http://bloodgate.com/posters

 "Retsina?" - "Ja, Papa?" - "Warp 3." - "Is gut, Papa."