List:       graphviz-interest
Subject:    Re: [graphviz-interest] Curious integration question
From:       Ryan Schmidt <graphviz-2006q2 () ryandesign ! com>
Date:       2006-05-06 12:04:10

On May 6, 2006, at 08:03, Jay Vlavianos wrote:

> Hmmmm... Thanks for the response John.   I do seem to have that module
> loaded and the handler listed, but I still get a text only list of the
> map (see below).  Do I need to add some kind of mime type or does the
> webdot.cgi need to have a mapping of something other than text/plain ?
>
> I was originally getting divide by zero (or something very similar)
> with
> the "map" type.  I had to, and perhaps this was folly, create an if
> statement to change the .map to .imap type when passing the $cmd to
> dot
> (dot doesn't know what .map is).  After I did that, the error went
> away,
> but now I get text :)
>
> This also happens if I used the cmapx extension instead of map.

I've never used webdot so I don't know how to set it up. But
interchanging imap with cmapx is certainly wrong. imap is a server-
side image map format, and cmapx is a client-side image map format.
You must use the correct one for the job. Since I don't use webdot, I
don't know which is correct, but from what John wrote, it sounds like
a server-side image map is used. I would have thought that webdot
would know what to do and handle all this for you....