List:       graphviz-interest
Subject:    [graphviz-interest] Re:webdot and https
From:       ellson () research ! att ! com (John Ellson)
Date:       2005-05-30 11:32:00

Holger.Pillmann wrote:

>Sorry,
>my first question was not precise enough.
>The Browser to Webdot part is the one I need .
>Getting the .dot files via https is not nessesary.
>How can I configure webdot or the Apache so that I can reach my html-Files
>containing the graphs via https?

Webdot is just a cgi script, so you should be able to configure apache
however you do it normally for https.  Webdot shouldn't care.

Webdot isn't involved in the getting of the initial html page, only in the
subsequent hrefs to the graph images and maps, so the html
pages can come from anywhere with https or not (except I think browsers
may complain about potential security issues if you have a non-https
image in an https page).

Its possible webdot might get confused if it is trying to get .dot files
from the same server using relative URLs, because thats when webdot is
acting
as an http client and https is not supported.     You may need a
separate, non-https, graph server.

John