List:       graphviz-devel
Subject:    Re: [graphviz-devel] Graphviz at Fink
From:       Ryan Schmidt <graphviz-2008a () ryandesign ! com>
Date:       2008-04-02 10:19:23

On Apr 2, 2008, at 02:37, Pander wrote:

> Is this package being actively maintained?
>   http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/graphviz
>
> If not, perhaps it should be pulled from fink to prevent people
> using an
> very old version or either the latest version should be provided to
> fink.
>
> What is the opinion of the Mac OS X maintainers?

I left Fink years ago to switch to (what is now known as) MacPorts.
For questions about Fink, you should ask the Fink mailing lists, or
ask the maintainer of the Fink graphviz port, whose email address is
listed at the URL you provided. If the port is currently at version
1.16, then that is extremely ancient.

I maintain the graphviz port in MacPorts and keep it at the current
version, which is now 2.18. I also just added a new port graphviz-
devel for those wanting newer development snapshots.

I also provide self-contained Mac OS X binaries of graphviz and all
dependencies, for those who do not want to install a package manager.
I'm a bit behind on these; my latest builds there are of 2.14.1
though I hope to remedy that situation and make newer builds
available again.

http://www.ryandesign.com/graphviz/