List:       graphicsmagick-help
Subject:    Re: [GM-help] [GM-announce] GraphicsMagick Mercurial repository moved
From:       Bob Friesenhahn <bfriesen () simple ! dallas ! tx ! us>
Date:       2013-03-31 15:37:47

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013, glennrp@comcast.net wrote:

> ----- Bob Friesenhahn <bfriesen@simple.dallas.tx.us> wrote:
>> On Sat, 30 Mar 2013, James Cloos wrote:
>
>> Please let me know if you find any errors in the instructions at
>> "http://www.graphicsmagick.org/Hg.html".
>
> It's not an error, but in this paragraph I would clarify by saying
> "(by me, but with your ID)" instead of just "(by me)":
>
> Stable
> The stable repository is available via http at
> "http://hg.code.sf.net/p/graphicsmagick/code". Any changes
> in the unstable development repository are pushed to the stable
> repository (by me) once any necessary adjustments have been
> made and the software test suite has passed.

I will change that to 'the developer responsible for this role' rather
than 'me'.  Currently I am the developer responsible for this task but
someday someone else might fill that role.  The developer who performs
this role needs to have various documentation tools, libraries, and
Autotools installed so that generated files can be produced and the
test suite may be fully executed.  We want to make sure that submitted
files are correct and want to avoid that changes in the the SF
repository causes the submitter to need to merge, rework, and retest.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn
bfriesen@simple.dallas.tx.us, http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/