List:       graphicsmagick-help
Subject:    Re: [GM-help] [Q] When be applied Ghostscript 9.07 in GM?
From:       Bob Friesenhahn <bfriesen () simple ! dallas ! tx ! us>
Date:       2013-03-13 14:08:32

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013, softk wrote:

> Hi!
> I read release-note about ghostscript 9.07 version.
> And i found a great thing It support multi instance process.
> So I updated GM to 1.3.18 but I read GM is tested till ghostscript 9.06 version in INSTALL-windows.txt.
> How do you think about to apply ghostscript 9.07version in GM 1.3.18 version?
> Regards~ :)

While I have not yet tested with Ghostscript 9.07, I am not aware of
any reason that it won't work as expected.  Give it a try and tell us
if it does not work.

I do see mention that Ghostscript is starting to become thread safe,
which is definitely a good thing.  I also like that it supports
BigTIFF output.

   http://www.ghostscript.com/doc/current/History9.htm

Bob
--