List:       graphicsmagick-help
Subject:    Re: [GM-help] C API for convert Image
From:       Bob Friesenhahn <bfriesen () simple ! dallas ! tx ! us>
Date:       2012-05-22 13:29:03

On Tue, 22 May 2012, Rajesh Kumar wrote:

> Hi all.
> Is there any C API to convert image. I want to convert png image file to xbm image file. Thanks in
> advance.

There is not a specific C API to convert an image.  Converting an
image from one format to another using the Core API is accomplished by
reading the image using ReadImage(), changing the filename in the
Image structure, and then writing the output file using WriteImage().
When using the Wand API (which is intended to be simple to use), one
would use this function call sequence: InitializeMagick(),
NewMagickWand(), MagickReadImage(), MagickSetFilename(),
MagickWriteImage().

Unfortunately, it seems that our available examples are much more
complicated than simple convert.

The C++ API is still the simplest GraphicsMagick API to use and some
simple example code is provided in the documentation.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn
bfriesen@simple.dallas.tx.us, http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/