List:       graphicsmagick-help
Subject:    Re: [GM-help] Can't run gm executable in Windows XP
From:       Bob Friesenhahn <bfriesen () simple ! dallas ! tx ! us>
Date:       2012-03-14 16:13:40

On Wed, 14 Mar 2012, Marija Velickovic wrote:

> Yes problematic executable is built in Window7, while the old one was building in XP (few years ago).
> I supposed Windows or program will inform me if some DLL is missing when I try to run 'gm'.

You might need to build on pristine Windows XP in order to be assured
that the application will run on Windows XP and later.

If this is just for your own use, you can likely update the XP system
with the missing DLL.  However, if you are creating a distributable
application, then you need to follow the Microsoft rules for updating
system/runtime DLLs.  According to usage license, you might not be
allowed to do so.

> Can I somehow remove this pthreads from LIB variable (some configure
> flag or maybe to remove it manually in make file)?

Adding the configure option --without-threads should be sufficient.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn
bfriesen@simple.dallas.tx.us, http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/