List:       graphicsmagick-help
Subject:    [GM-help] gm identify: Too much image data in file
From:       Doug Haber <dhaber () node99 ! net>
Date:       2011-03-01 1:37:14

    When attempting to open PSD files with GraphicsMagick I sometimes
    get a "Too much image data in file" error.  For example:

$ gm identify -verbose file.psd
gm identify: Too much image data in file (file.psd).

     These are multi-layer PSD files created with Gimp.  Some work,
     and some don't.  I've found that on the ones that don't work if I
     copy each layer to a new file and save it again, then it often
     will work.

     Searching online I haven't been able to find much about this
     error.   Does anyone have any idea what it means and how to get
     around it?

Thanks.