List:       graphicsmagick-help
Subject:    Re: [GM-help] With specifying percentage,
From:       glennrp () comcast ! net
Date:       2011-01-22 15:55:03

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Friesenhahn" <bfriesen@simple.dallas.tx.us>
To: "Requests for help with GraphicsMagick" <graphicsmagick-help@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2011 10:36:06 AM
Subject: Re: [GM-help] With specifying percentage, How to split an image to multiple image?

On Sat, 22 Jan 2011, glennrp@comcast.net wrote:

> I am trying to split an jpeg file (1583x1200 pixels) vertical into 2 images.
>
> When I specify the size with percentage, only one cropped image is generated:
> $gm convert from.jpg -crop 50%100% to%d.jpg
>
>       gm convert from.jpg -crop 50x100% to%d.jpg
>
>       is better but
>       also fails but not as badly.  The one resulting
>       image has the correct dimensions, while with
>       the "x" omitted the one resulting image is
>       scaled by 50% in both dimensions.

But this behavior does match what the documentation says it should do.

   No, the documentation says,

   "If the x and y offsets are omitted, a set of tiles of the
    specified geometry, covering the entire input image, is
    generated. The rightmost tiles and the bottom tiles are
    smaller if the specified geometry extends beyond the dimensions
    of the input image."

   When the %-symbol is present, it acts as though offsets are
   present.  That's a bug, perhaps in the geometry-parser.

   Glenn