List:       graphicsmagick-help
Subject:    Re: [GM-help] Mac OS help
From:       Bob Friesenhahn <bfriesen () simple ! dallas ! tx ! us>
Date:       2011-01-09 1:27:31

On Sat, 8 Jan 2011, simon harrison wrote:

> I, and many other people, are having trouble using a certain Python wrapper around \
> your excellent software.
> Many people have been trying to use pgmagick on mac os but we can't install it \
> successfully. The only instruction in the long process of preparing to install \
> pgmagick is the following:
> apt-get install libgraphicsmagick++1-dev
>
> The problem is that we cannot find the dev libraries for mac os. It appears that \
> fink used to provide these (years ago) but now there is no sign.

I am not fluent with Fink (although I have used it before).  I
understand that it based on Debian's apt-get.

If Fink provides the option to build from the original source package
perhaps that is a way to obtain the missing development package?  This
would require that you have GCC and development versions of the
graphics libraries that GM depends on already installed.

If this is not sufficient then you could build everything from source
code manually, or complain to the Fink folks with the hope that they
will restore the necessary -dev package or update everything needed to
use a modern GraphicsMagick.

> Please can you help us find these, or if they do not exist maybe provide them?
>
> Then hopefully we can use GraphicsMagick!

For obvious reasons, I always build GraphicsMagick from source code
under OS X. :-)

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn