List:       graphicsmagick-help
Subject:    Re: [GM-help] magicktophoto broken in latest 1.4.020100103 snapshot
From:       Bob Friesenhahn <bfriesen () simple ! dallas ! tx ! us>
Date:       2010-01-05 3:24:09

On Tue, 5 Jan 2010, Mario Becroft wrote:

> Running snapshot 1.4.020100103, I've noticed that the magicktophoto
> command (part of TclMagick) does not work correctly. It did work in the
> 1.3 release version.
>
> The command does not throw any error, and sets the dimensions of the
> photo image as expected, but the resulting image appears to be
> completely transparent, regardless of what pixels are present in the
> source wand.
>
> Has anyone else noticed this problem?

Based on a bug report, the mapping of alpha ('A') and opacity ('O')
was changed.  If you can build from source code, I think that if you
change line 80 of TclMagick/TkMagick.c so that the string is changed
from "RGBO" to "RGBA" that things will work as expected.

Are you able to try this?

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn