List:       gpsd-users
Subject:    gpsd client for macOS
From:       Bryan Christianson <bryan () whatroute ! net>
Date:       2023-06-27 23:16:00

I have released GPSDConfig-1.0.2, a gpsd client that runs on macOS 10.14.6 (Mojave) \
through to macOS 14 (Sonoma beta).

The application will generate a boot configuration for gpsd, based on the user \
selected serial device. In addition, there is a flag to defer starting gpsd until \
chronyd is running.

I wrote the software as a request from radio amateurs who require timing accuracy on \
their Macs better than 1 sec but in the absence of an internet connection.

GPSDConfig will generate a refclock directive for chronyd enabling it to receive the \
gps timestamps from gpsd. Unfortunately there is no native PPS implementation for \
macOS so the accuracy is limited, but within the bounds required by these amateur \
radio enthusiasts.

If anyone has had success with PPS on macOS I'm all ears :)

The software can be downloaded from https://whatroute.net/gpsdconfig.html

Regards, Bryan

--
Bryan Christianson