List:       gpsd-users
Subject:    [Gpsd-users] For Linux Magazine: GPSD Data from Mobile Phones?
From:       Markus Feilner <lists () feilner-it ! net>
Date:       2009-10-06 11:30:22

Hi list,
As an editor at the german Linux-Magazine I am preparing an article on GPS and gpsd. I have found
lots of information, I have attached a bluemax bluetooth GPS device and read the data with several
apps like gpsdrive or Qlandkarte. That works like a charm,

Now I have several Mobile Phones here for testing and I am wondering if there is any information
available about howto extract the GPS data from these devices. Live, not through saving to a file
and uploading via web or USB-storage.

Can anyone help me, perhaps with a link? I have the Android (HTC Hero), Nokias 6720 classic and a
Sony Ericsson W 995. I could not find any information about that, except some  forum entries about a
symbian gpsd - which I only found at rapidshare (???).

Thanks a lot!

--

Best Regards - Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Markus Feilner

Feilner IT Linux & GIS
Linux Solutions, Training, Seminare und Workshops - auch Inhouse
Koetztingerstr 6c                93057 Regensburg
Telefon:                        +49 941 8 10 79 89
Mobil:                           +49 170 3 02 70 92
WWW: www.feilner-it.net mail: mfeilner@feilner-it.net
Bei Xing: http://www.xing.com/profile/Markus_Feilner