List:       gpsd-dev
Subject:    [Gpsd-dev] Current NMEA is BROKEN with some GPSs - No one cares?
From:       gpsd-dev () lists ! berlios ! de (Eric S !  Raymond)
Date:       2006-06-18 14:24:23

Frank Nicholas <frank@nicholasfamilycentral.com>:
> This is the 3rd or 4th post I've made this week, regarding current
> NMEA decoding.  I've posted links to screenshots with discrepancies
> between cgps & xgps, and logs from gpsd & another app that works
> without gpsd.
>
> I am getting NO discussion/feedback from anyone, except one (1) other
> user that also believes it may be broke (Robin Darroch).
>
> Does everyone else believe it is OK?

No.  I want to diagnose and fix your problem.  Robin Darroch has been
unhelpful because he has been turning every bug report into a pretext
for continuing an argument I am desperately tired of being in.  (I
don't think his "brokenness" necessarily has anything to do with
yours.)

I'll go back for a careful look at your stuff this evening.