List:       gpsd-dev
Subject:    [Gpsd-dev] PATCH: Remove duplicate code from dgpsip.c and ntrip.c
From:       gpsd-dev () lists ! berlios ! de (Eric S !  Raymond)
Date:       2006-06-14 13:31:08

Gary E. Miller <gem@rellim.com>:
> I had a spare moment to look at this.  Instead of loading gdb, I just
> hacked gpsfake.py to add "-D 5" when it started gpsd.  Then the problem
> just hit me in the face.  Maybe the "-v" to gpsfake should tell
> gpsfake.py to start gpsd with "-D 5"?

That's what the -o option is for, passing options to the subordinate gpsd.
You want -o "-D 5".  Orthogonality is good.

> Now that is odd.  Since the garmin kernel driver is installed on this
> system, the garmin autodetect is kicking in, and hanging.  This worked
> at some point in the past.  I'm gonna have to ponder this one a bit.

Do that.  Fortunately it seems unlikely to bite anyone using NMEA or SiRF
devices.

> BTW, I am seeing some rounding error diffs in the tests...

Unsurprising.  This can be caused by quantum fluctuations in your gcc
toolchain :-).  I last saw it when I switched to gcc 4.0, which moved
some math on-chip and apparently increased the precision.