List:       gpsd-dev
Subject:    [Gpsd-dev] GPSD Watcher Mode O=? vs M=0|1
From:       gpsd-dev () lists ! berlios ! de (Eric S !  Raymond)
Date:       2006-06-12 14:02:17

Michael R. Davis <mrdvt92@yahoo.com>:
> I wonder how many clients could be simplified....

I wonder how many clients would be broken.

If there were any actual functional gain in this change -- that is, if it were
conveying more information or the same information more efficiently -- I might
go for it.  As it is, you're asking me to risk breaking an unknown
number of clients so you can remove three lines of code.

The answer is 'no'.