List:       gpsd-dev
Subject:    [Gpsd-dev] pl2303 freeze on OpenWRT RC5
From:       gpsd-dev () lists ! berlios ! de (Michael R !  Davis)
Date:       2006-06-11 4:48:53

--- "Eric S. Raymond" <esr@thyrsus.com> wrote:
> Can you give me more details about this?
See: http://gpsd.davisnetworks.com/bin/view/Main/FreezeBugPL2303
Interesting that gpsd does not freeze the system.  When I first had
this issue I thought that it was related to openwrt use of cat from
buzybox is not the "real" cat that can read from devices. But, it may
be related to the pl2303 module. Most likely, openwrt doesn't set some
serial parameter that is needed by pl2303 module.

> What was the last version of the driver that had this bug?
The pl2303 driver is from the kernel source of 2.4.30.

> Is there a recipe for reproducing it that is reliable?
Yep, reboot without any port setting software then 'cat /dev/usb/tts/0'

Mike (mrdvt92)