List:       gpsd-dev
Subject:    [Gpsd-dev] Rob's xgps memory leak
From:       gpsd () xs4all ! nl (Rob Janssen)
Date:       2005-06-27 19:24:41

> Rob's xgps memory leak doesn't reproduce on a stock Fedora Core 3 system.
> I tested in the simplest possible way, by doing system("free t") at the
> end of each handle_input() call.

What I submitted was found on a SuSE 9.2 system with Xorg 6.8.1 and KDE 3.3
It may be that it only happened because the KDE desktop manager has been
configured with 12 virtual desktops and the desktop on which the 3 xgps
windows were running was not the currently visible desktop.  And of course
the screensaver was active much of the time.

However, the memory was not reclaimed simply by looking at that desktop
with the screensaver off, of course I did that before taking the data.

(I am not sure how the virtual desktops and the screensaver really work
under the hood, maybe X commands can get queued up when the window is not
visible?)