List:       gphoto-devel
Subject:    [gphoto-devel] New camera sorta works with gphoto
From:       "Lawrence E. Widman" <widman () cardiothink ! com>
Date:       2000-11-16 14:25:20

Hi!

1.  Thanks for doing gphoto.  It's terrific.

2.  I just got an Olympus D-490 Zoom camera, reasoning that
    since gphoto works pretty well with the other cameras in
    this series it oughta do OK with this one.

3.  gphoto was able to download the summary, thumbnails, and
    full images from the camera when configured for the
      Olympus D-200L and
      Olympus D-450Z
    once I remembered to kill the UPS daemon that was
    monitoring the same port (duh).

4.  The funny thing is that after the few minutes required to
    download one ~64K file and one ~650K file under each
    configuration, the camera stopped responding.  I power
    cycled it a couple of times, restarting gphoto each time.
    No dice.  The battery in the camera is new, so that
    shouldn't be a problem.  I would have thought that power
    cycling restores the same initial state each time, but
    maybe something happened to the port.

          B. there are goblins about.  I'll let you know if I
             figure out why the camera stopped working.

Thanks again! - Larry Widman (widman-gphoto@cardiothink.com)
                (the funny email address is so I can filter out
                spammers.)