List:       gphoto-devel
Subject:    Re: [gphoto-devel] Re: Big picture
From:       Jon Winters <winters () obscurasite ! com>
Date:       2000-08-25 23:23:24

As more folks start using GNU systems the camera manufacturers should
notice that those people buy the cameras with good support. (free
drivers with source code)

If we stay in a "copyleft" mode it encourages manufacturers to release
their code.
Truth be told, if they don't want to support gphoto by releasing their
driver code I'm not interested in paying them hundreds of dollars for
their camera.

Lets keep that advantage and stick with the GPL.

Thanks in advance for your consideration!
--
Jon Winters  http://www.obscurasite.com/jon/

   "Everybody Loves The GIMP!"
      http://www.gimp.org/