List:       gphoto-devel
Subject:    Re: [gphoto-devel] Re: Introduction and Comments
From:       Richard Stallman <rms () santafe ! edu>
Date:       2000-08-25 7:47:37

    my only issue with this statement is the use of the word "ethical". it
    just seems contradictory to call it ethical when we would effectively be
    *forcing* other people to do something they wouldn't normally do.

Non-free software subjugates people; software privateers use copyright
(and contracts) to impose restrictions on the users.  With the GPL, we
use their own weapons to prevent this, to defend the users' freedom.

This is not just ethical, it is poetic justice.