List:       gphoto-devel
Subject:    Re: [gphoto-devel] Newly supported camera models.
From:       Dan Fandrich <dan () coneharvesters ! com>
Date:       2000-05-30 16:45:55

On Tue, May 30, 2000 at 11:09:38AM +0200, Edouard Lafargue wrote:
>  I went through the  gphoto-devel archive this  morning and found that
>  these cameras had been reported to work:
>
>   - Olympus 3030Z (olympus driver)
>   - Olympus D-360L (olympus driver)
>   - Fuji MX-1700  (fuji driver)
>
>  I'm going to include them in the  cameras list of gphoto (can someone
>  do  it on the web  page?). If you're  using another camera that works
>  and is not listed, it's time to speak up ! Send the camera name as it
>  should appear in the list along with the name of the driver you used.

I've been keeping track as people mention their success stories on the
list since I made my similar request here a few months ago. Unfortunately,
I didn't get much of a response to that request, so I went back over the
archives a few months and listed more models I found there.

Just who is in charge of the web site now? It looks like there are two
sites: the old one moved moved from http://www.gphoto.org somewhere else
(I don't remember where) and the new one at http://www.gphoto.org
I don't know whom to contact about posting the list.

In any case, here is my list. @ has been replace with % in people's
e-mail addresses to reduce spam when this message is archived (although
most people's addresses will already be available there unmangled).

>>> Dan
--
dan@coneharvesters.com            PGP key at http://www.npsnet.com/danf/pgp.asc

Cameras reported as supported (or not) in Gphoto (May 2000)
Compiled by dan%coneharvesters.com
(replace % by @)

Mustek VDC-3500
Relisys/TECO Dimera 3500
- http://www.aracnet.com/~beattie/vdc
- http://www.beattie-home.net/beattie/mesapro/dimera-0.4/
- in beta test
- <beattie%aracnet.com>

Toshiba PDR-M5
- http://home.att.net/~EricCrampton/toshiba/
- <EricCrampton%worldnet.att.net>

Panasonic 2090/2590
- <nicka87%earthlink.net>

KBGear JamCam
- <justhisguy%surf1.de>

JenCam JD11
- Edouard Lafargue <lafargue%oslo.geco-prakla.slb.com>

Canon S20 USB
- working on it: <mikaeln%tripnet.se>
- now working in 0.5: Edouard Lafargue <lafargue%oslo.geco-prakla.slb.com>

Canon PowerShot A5
- Already supported

Canon Powershot S10
- <lafargue%oslo.geco-prakla.slb.com>
- "works very nice" <jst%nitsfans.org>
- <johnsonm%redhat.com>

Epson 850Z
- <matt_conway%i2.com>

Fuji MX-500
- already supported <scottf%scs.unr.edu>

Fuji MX-1200
- already supported <martin%ecel.ufl.edu>
- works <dik%mailserver.unimi.it>

Fuji MX-1500
- mostly working <adrian%ipo.att.com>

Fuji MX-1700
- reported as working, except for take picture

Fuji MX-2900
- reported as working

Fuji 2900z
- Already supported by standard Fuji driver

Fuji Finepix 1200
- works fine with the MX-1200 driver
- Simon Cozens <simon%cozens.net>

Leica Digilux Zoom
- partially works as Fuji MX-2700 or the MX-600 <meloche%idea-jar.com>

Casio QV-300
- already supported <erikyyy%studbox.uni-stuttgart.de>

Polaroid PDC-700
- <tmunro%lewiston.com>
- in progress <root%rlantzer.student.umr.edu>
  http://www.umr.edu/~rlantzer/gphoto/

Nikon CoolPix 950S
- already supported <sipan%mit.edu>

Nikon CP800
- works as CP900 series <damon%spof.net>

Ricoh RDC-2 and RDC-2E
- http://www.poethke.de/
- <andreas%poethke.de>

Ricoh RDC-5300
- I used the Ricoh RDC-5000 Library with a serial Link.
- The only problem seems to be the thumbnail download.

Kodak DC40/50/120
- <eric.t.thompson%intel.com> aka <erict%alum.rpi.edu>
- http://www.erict.net/kodak/kodak.html
Kodak DC50
- Adam C Powell IV <hazelsct%mit.edu>

Kodak DC290
- development version of GPhoto has drivers

Kodak DC215
- is supported <scottf%scs.unr.edu>

Kodak DC20
- Not working! <olaf%ferger.de>

Olympus C-21 camera
- already supported <harbaum%ibr.cs.tu-bs.de>

Olympus C-2500L
- <sipan%mit.edu>

Olympus C-2020Z
- reported as working <jean-christophe.leborgne%wanadoo.fr>

Olympus D-450Zoom
- works as D-900Zoom  <davea%quasar.engr.sgi.com>

Olympus C920Zoom
- is supported <bullmali%afribone.net.ml>

Olympus D360-L
- works as D340-R <welker%kmbs.com>
- works as D-340L <adpol%zach.wustl.edu>

Olympus C-960Z
- works <tigran%veritas.com>

Olympus 3030Z
- works mostly fine <gregw%mortbay.com>