List:       gphoto-devel
Subject:    [gphoto-devel] gphoto 0.4.3 installation on a Linux libc5 box, minor issues
From:       Joe Buck <jbuck () welsh-buck ! org>
Date:       2000-04-30 23:41:54

Hi,

I had to make some small source code changes to gphoto 0.4.3 to build
on a Linux libc5 box (an ancient Red Hat 4.2 system plus local hacks --
I partly kept it because I've been helping with gcc development on
such systems).

Anyway, there is no <sys/select.h> header on such boxes.  Furthermore
it doesn't seem that <sys/select.h> is actually used for anything by
gphoto, it is just included by four files.  Simply removing the #includes
results in a working gphoto.

The four files are
kodak/kodak_dc210.c
kodak/dc21x/{lowlevel.c,main.c}
photopc/eph_read.c

I've successfully used gphoto with a Kodak DC240, using the serial line
interface.  Thanks very much!  This is a very impressive effort.