List:       gphoto-devel
Subject:    Re: [gphoto-devel] description
From:       "Scott." <scottf () scs ! unr ! edu>
Date:       2000-04-25 16:30:37

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, Dan Roehre wrote:

> Hello,
> Just a quick question....I've searched your web site
> high and low for a description of what gphoto
> is supposed to do and can't find anything.
> The only thing that comes close is "gPhoto is a
> free redistributable digital camera software application
> for Unix-like systems..."
> But what does it do?

good question dan :)

it is software that allows users to download pictures from their digital
cameras. it support 120+ different models of cameras right now. it is
designed for use on Linux, *BSD, and other Unix(c) variants.

it also provides some basic image manipulation functions (rotation, flip,
scaling, etc...) and can generate web page picture galleries as well from
pictures the user chooses.

it is pretty much a general digital camera utility. :)

hope that helps!

Scott Fritzinger
New .sig coming soon!