List:       gphoto-devel
Subject:    [gphoto-devel] Olympus C-2020Z Not really well
From:       <jimw () kelcomaine ! com>
Date:       2000-04-24 3:37:45

Hi,

Not long ago someone reported that the Olympus C-2020Z worked with gphoto.
This is somewhat true, the functions seem to operate.   But I've been having
trouble downloading images reliably.   Some images are coming down corrupted,
less often not at all, or occasionally in thumbnail form instead of image.
Other than the last symptom, it seems that there is a buffer overrun problem.

The camera only supports xon/xoff protocol as the cable is just a 3 conductor
thing.  So I've tried turning on ixoff, and reducing the speed to 57600.  Even
increased the input buffer on linux (2.2.14) to 2048 characters.  No luck.

Looking through the kernel code I can find the throttle routines, but can't
seem find how or where they get triggered.   Does linux even support xon/xoff?
Any ideas?

Jim