List:       gphoto-devel
Subject:    [gphoto-devel] Mustek MDC-800
From:       Ole Aamot ole () osc ! no
Date:       1999-07-27 18:42:35

fenn@nucleus.com (Frank Fenn) writes:

| Mustek MDC-800 does NOT work at all with gPhoto 0.3.5 on RedHat 5.1.
|
| Hi:
|
| it seems that Mustek cameras (VDC-xxx and MDC-xxx) are not supported :(
| Where can I find protocol information so I can start to write my own
| program.

B. Gerlach <gunfire@gmx.de> asked for a driver for his Mustek MDC-800
some while ago.  Perhaps you two guys could co-operate on the driver?

First write the Mustek company (you could use some modified version of
LETTER, included in the gPhoto distrib), and ask for free, open specs.
Send feedback to gphoto-devel@gphoto.org - also if they refuse to give
you such specs.

It would be great to have gPhoto support for Mustek cameras.

-- Ole