List:       gphoto-devel
Subject:    [gphoto-devel] Re: Meade Binocular & Digital Camera
From:       Larry Williams <larrywilliams () awesomenet ! net>
Date:       2003-02-24 20:09:45

On Sat February 22 2003 01:40, you wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 12:11:29AM -0600, Larry Williams wrote:
> > Marcus
> > I downloaded the CVS libgphoto2 and the tarball gphoto2-2.1.1, they both
> > installed okay, after I upgraded my automake and autoconfig. I also
> > uninstalled the rpm's for gphoto2 and gphoto2-devel.
>
> Run configure always with --prefix=/usr attached, then those problems are
> avoided.
>
> Ciao, Marcus
>
> [Scanned by AwesomeNet Anti-Virus]

Marcus
Here's the feedback you like to hear, "IT WORKS", I love you man.

I went back to square one, that is, uninstall and make clean to both, CVS
libgphoto2 and tarball gphoto2-2.1.1. Fresh started ./configure --prefix=/usr
ran to completion without error. Make, ran to completion without error. Make
install, piece of cake. Now, for a command line, gphoto2-2.1.1, since the 1st
one worked so well, ./configure --prefix=/usr, ran to completion without
error. Make, ran to completion without error and so did make install. I had a
slight problem with command line until I printed a ref copy of man 1 gphoto2.
Seems there's slight changes, anyway when I tried, gphoto2 --auto-detect, it
responded with GrandTek:ScopeCam. Then gphoto2 --get-all-files, it downloaded
all 7 pix I had taken as scope000n.ppm files. I think something is wrong with
the quality of the pix, they all have a green hue, but I'll have to talk to
Meade about that. And just to make sure everything is still on the up and up
I took a couple of pix with my Olympus C-2100UZ and downloaded them too. Now
all I have left to do is change all my command line scripts.

Thanks again for all your help
Larry

     "It ain't over until the Fat Lady sings."
                                                Dan Cook

[Scanned by AwesomeNet Anti-Virus]