List:       gphoto-devel
Subject:    Re: [gphoto-devel] Where do you wanna go after the release ?
From:       Michael Rensing <michael.rensing () shaw ! ca>
Date:       2002-11-30 0:07:48

On Mon, 2002-11-25 at 00:38, Marcus Meissner wrote:

> - Decide whether we want to split vendor/product string information.

Well, my impression is that no-one has any compelling reason not to
split this information as long as backward compatibility is maintained.

OTOH, the list of supported cameras is growing to a huge number :-), and
a hierarchical list is about the only way to display supported models
with any elegance. I'm in full agreement with Lutz that this is the way
to go, and given that I have volunteered to do the work, I'm preparing
to start moving ahead on this in the next week or so.

If anyone has any objections, please speak up now...

Michael